Castle of Dénia and Archaeological Museum
castle of dénia
castle of dénia
How to arrive
“Portal de la vila” (City Entrance Arch), the castle’s main entrance.
It is located on a gentle hill beside the sea and in the historical city centre.
Next to the Town Hall of Dénia, you will find stairways on Calle Hospital which we walk up. After this 1st steps, we find another stairway section to the left on the street called “Cuesta Madre Amparo” which takes us directly to Calle San Francisco accessing the castle.
Adults: 3 €
Childrens (8-14 years olds): 1 €
Pensioners: 2 €
Students: 2 €
Groups (minimum 25 people): 2 €
Opening hours of the castle
• Nov/ March: 10 a.m to 6 p.m
• April-May: 10 a.m to 19 p.m
• June: 10 a.m. to 8.30 p.m.
• From July to 15th September: 10 a.m. to 00.30 p.m. (Night opening hours: until 00.30 h. Except for “Music at the Castle” concert days.
• From 16th to 30th September: 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
• October: From 10 a.m. to 6.30 p.m.
The building which houses the City’s Archaeology Museum is located in two buildings known as the “Palau del governador” (Governor’s Palace); there are few remains of a Palace complex located inside the upper premises of the Castle. It dates from the 17th century and it has a Renaissance architectural style. Its construction as a scenic viewpoint or gallery formed part of a recreation and rest area attached to the Summer Palace of the Marquises Dénia. Nowadays, it still conserves the stone room and first floor.
Included in the Castle entrance fee.
• November-March: 10:30 a.m -5:45 p.m.
• April-May: 10:30 a.m - 6:45 p.m.
• June: 10:30 a.m - 2pm / 4.30pm - 7.15 p.m.
• From July to 15th september: 10:30 a.m - 8:15 p.m. (Exception: During the special summer nights timetable, the museum closes at 10 p.m).
• From 16th to 30th September: 10:30 a.m - 7:45 p.m.
• October: 10:30 a.m -6:15 p.m.
Sunday it´s closed from 1.30 a.m to 3 p.m.